- Indoor/outdoor customizable temperature alerts (HI/LOW/OFF)
- Indoor/Outdoor temperature trend indicator
- Indoor/outdoor temperature (°F/°C)
- Indoor/outdoor humidity (%RH)
- Forecast tendency indicator
- Dynamic forecast icons
- Indoor temperature and humidity trend indicators
- Indoor/Outdoor comfort level indicator
- 12/24 Hour Atomic time (manual set option)
- Perpetual calendar (full day and month/day)
- Backlight control (HI/LOW/OFF)
- Time alarm with snooze
- Heat index and dew point
- HI/LO temperature and humidity records
- Low battery indicator for station and sensor
- Signal strength icon for sensor transmission
- Atomic reception indicator
- Indoor Temperature Range: +32°F to +122°F (0°C to 50°C)
- Indoor Humidity Range: 10% to 99% RH
Included TX141TH-BV2 Wireless Outdoor Temperature Sensor
- Outdoor Temperature Range: -40°F to +140°F (-40°C to 60°C)
- Outdoor Humidity Range: 10% to 99% RH
- Transmission Range: Up to 300 ft.
- Display: AC adapter for primary power (included); 3 "AAA" Alkaline batteries for backup (not included)
- Sensor: 2 "AA" Alkaline batteries
- Display: 8.98" L x 1.00" W x 5.43" H
- Sensor: 1.57" L x 0.79" W x 5.12" H
Chapter 1) Introduction - 0:28
Chapter 2) Initial Setup - 2:48
Chapter 3) Settings Menu - 5:47
Chapter 4) LCD Layout & Icon Descriptions - 10:38
Chapter 5) The Time Alarm - 15:06
Chapter 6) Forecast Information - 16:59
Chapter 7) Temperature & Humidity Alerts - 19:00
Chapter 8) Basic Restart - 21:01
Chapter 9) Help Us, Help You - 22:12
After reading the directions and watching the video and multiple resets by removing battery's, trying AC etc etc I've come to the conclusion that this product was a complete waste of time and a loss of about two hours of my life. Briefly, after multiple battery removings, to reset the remote and leaving the remote next to the display unit (indoors) for 30 minute, I had a 2 °F and 8% humidity difference. The remote is currently 17' away from the base station outside, no walls to obstruct a signal (remote unit is resting freely between a window and screen facing outward) and my old mercury thermometer is reading 41 °F and the base station is reading 50 °F. The local internet is saying the temp is 41 °F concurring with the mercury thermometer. I purchased this at Costco and it's going back to Costco, pronto!
Thank you for your feedback. We apologize this unit did not work out for you. After reading your review, I know our Technical Support Team could have helped you out. If the unit has not been returned yet and you would like to get your unit up and running please contact Technical Support via the Support Tab web form link or contact them directly M - F 8 AM to 6 PM CST at 608-782-1610/888-211-1923.
La Crosse Technology
"So far so good"
I had a similar product that eventually failed after a decade. I like the clean colorful look and the additional information provided. You should include an additional reading unit for upstairs like our old unit had. If I purchase a second unit for upstairs will it also pick up the signal from the outdoor sensor?
Thank you for your feedback. Yes, if you purchase another C85845 (or model with a compatible sensor) it should work. Please take into consideration the transmission range of the temperature sensor when setting up the additional display.
La Crosse Technology
"Wildly Inaccurate & Essentially Useless"
Even with the Sensor sitting directly next to the base unit, the temperature reading varies by 5-10 degrees, and humidity varies by as much as 20%. Another review suggested that interference might be an issue, so I double-checked by removing the batteries from the remote sensor and searching for other devices with no result. Needless to say, not being able to trust the readings on this unit mean that it's essentially a colorful LCD paperweight.
Thank your for your feedback. We apologize you are having troubles with your unit. We want to get this fixed for you. Please contact Technical Support via the Support Tab web form link or contact them directly M - F 8 AM to 6 PM CST at 608-782-1610/888-211-1923. We look forward to serving you.
La Crosse Technology