Weather Station Features
Temperature and Humidity
- Indoor/Outdoor Temperature and Humidity
- Outdoor Trend Indicators
- Daily High/Low Outdoor Temperature Records
- Feels Like and Dew Point
- High and Low Records with Time Stamp
Dynamic Color Weather Forecast
- Seasonal Trees Change Every 3 Months
Wind Speed Data
- Current and Top Speed
- Wind Direction
- History Records with Time Stamp
Rain Fall Data
- Time Frame Selectable
- History Records
Time and Date
- 12/24 Hour Setting
- Displays Day of the Week, Month, Date & Year
- Perpetual Calendar: Date, Month, & Full Day
- Guided Settings Menu
- Low Battery Indicator for Each Included Sensor
- 5 Settings LCD Brightness
- Sensor Connection Indicator
- Wifi Connection Indicator
- Wall Hanging or Adjustable Kickstand for Free Standing Option
- Individual ID's for each sensor
Your weather station can function as a standalone weather station OR you can download the free La Crosse View™ App for enhanced features.
Why go Connected?
- Anywhere Monitoring of Station and Sensor Information via the La Crosse View™ App
- View and Track History with Detailed Graphs
- Customize Alerts and Receive Push Notifications of Values Outside of Your Desired Range
- Share Your Weather Information
Enhanced Station Features When Connected*
- National Weather Service (NWS) Weather Forecast; 8 additional icons representations
- Chance of Precipitation for the day
- NWS Forecasted HI/LO for the day
Build your system to monitor what matters to you with additional sensors for your La Crosse View™ App
The V40-PRO station can display data from one Temperature & Humidity (TH) sensor and one Multi Senor (wind/rain). Add-on sensor data will appear in the La Crosse View app.
Looking to Add-on and expand the capability of your system? Check out the enhancement opportunities here.
- Indoor temperature range: +32°F to +122°F (0°C to 50°C)
- Indoor humidity range: 10% RH to 99%RH
Included LTV-TH3 Wireless Outdoor Temp/Humidity Sensor
- Outdoor temperature range: -40°F to 140°F (-40°C to 60°C)
- Outdoor humidity range: 10% RH to 99%RH
- Transmission range: Up to 400 feet (121 meters) in open air
- Transmission frequency: 915 MHz
Included LTV-WR1 Multi-Sensor (wind/rain combo) sensor
- Wind Speed Range: 0-111.8 mph (0-180 kmh)
- Rainfall Range: 0-393.7 inches ( 0-9999 mm)
- Transmission Range: Up to 400 feet (121 meters) in open air, RF 915 MHz
- Display: 5.0 Volt 500mA power cord included (Required); Optional 3 "AA" Alkaline batteries backup
- LTV-TH3 Sensor: 2 "AA" Alkaline batteries
- LTV-WR1: 3 "AA Alkaline batteries
- Display: 8.05" L x 1.18" W x 5.70" H
- LTV-TH3: 1.97" L x 0.75" W x 5.73" H
- LTV-WR1: 13.61" L x 5.14" W x 8.55"H
- For custom mounting of LTV-WR1 Sensor use 1” Electric Metallic Tube (EMT) Conduit
0:14 - Step 1: Insert batteries into sensors
0:42 - Step 2: Power up your station using the power cord
1:10 - Step 3: Make sure your station is receiving your sensor's data
1:33 - Step 4: Make sure your Wi-Fi Indicator Icon is flashing
2:13 - Step 5: Connect your mobile device to your 2.4GHz home network, the one you'd like your station to use
3:05 - Step 6: Download the La Crosse View app
3:24 - Step 7: Log in or create a new account
4:07 - Step 8: Follow the app's on-screen instructions
For help using the La Crosse View™ App or connecting your V40-PRO weather station to the La Crosse View™ platform, click on the appropriate link below.
"Can not get NWS to work for forecast. "
Got it setup OK. Everything works accept can not get NWS forecast to work. We use the La Crosse View App. It works fine. Like it. However, the forecast does not work. Left 2 voice mails and an email in the last several days. No one every calls back. Got one email response on NWS, but the solution did not fix the problem. Customer Service is poor.
- Thank you Alice for contacting our support team. We apologize the device was not functioning properly and hope you are enjoying the warranty replacement that was sent to you.
La Crosse Technology
Great unit as the Weather station goes.
Drawback is mounting it on a pole.
My pole is 30 feet tall with the top 5 feet being 1" pvc.
This unit requires a flat platform or a 1.179 dia. pipe.
Where do I get that size pipe?
Having to fabricate my own. Very poor mounting design.
Thank you for your feedback. For custom mounting of LTV-WR1 Sensor use 1” Electric Metallic Tube (EMT) Conduit.
La Crosse Technology
"Engineering issues need to be addressed"
It basically does what La Crosse says it does, but with some caveats:
1. Unless you turn the backlight off, the indoor temperature reading on the display unit reads a degree or two high due to internal heating. Couldn't some clever engineer have taken this into account?
2. I've tried two LTV-TH3 outdoor temp/humidity sensors (and have gone through the La Crosse side-by-side accuracy test with both) and all I can deduce is that the RH portion of the sensor is wildly inaccurate, especially at high humidity...readings are some 10 - 15 percent low. This is supported by the side-by-side test instructions: "If the humidity readings are within 14% [of the display unit], they are considered to be within tolerance."
Unacceptable for a $200 device.
Thank you for your feedback. We find you have been in contact with our Technical Support Team and your issues/concerns have been resolved. If you need additional assistance please contact us at 844-200-8752, we would be happy to assist you.
La Crosse Technology