- Manual set time
- Indoor Temp/Humidity
- 3 Forecast icons (Sunny, Clouds, Rain)
- Forecast Trend Arrows
- Outdoor Temperature
- Indoor/Outdoor MIN/MAX Temps
- Indoor temperature range: 14.2°F to 139.8 °F
- Indoor humidity range: 1%RH to 99% RH
Included TX50U-IT Wireless Outdoor Temperature Sensor
- Outdoor temperature range: -39.8°F to +139.8°F
- Transmission range: Up to 262 feet
- Transmission frequency: 915 MHz
- Display: 2 "AAA" Alkaline batteries
- Sensor: 2 "AA" Alkaline batteries
- Display: 3.30" L x 0.90" W x 5.86" H
- Sensor: 1.50" L x 0.83" W x 5.00" H
Welcome to Tech Talk, a video series designed to help you find the information you need to know quickly and conveniently. Use the red play-head under the video to move to the specific time listed below.
0:26 - Introduction
0:57 - Step 1) Insert 2 "AA" batteries into the outdoor sensor
1:09 - Step 2) Insert 2 "AAA" batteries into the forecast station
1:18 - Step 3) Check the sensor's connection & wait at least 15 minutes for it to sync with the station
1:37 - Step 4) Configure your basic settings (Time, Date...ect)
2:45 - Step 5) Mount the outdoor sensor
3:34 - Minimum & maximum temperature readings
4:35 - Help Us, Help You
"Not worth buying"
Bought this to replace an older unit I had for years that finally quit. This thing is a mess. Can't maintain communication, even after moving the outdoor sensor to the exterior wall adjacent to where the receiver is located in the house. They are less than 3 feet apart, yet it doesn't work more time than it does. Tried all the fixes, pulling batteries, pushing buttons, leaving together to sync etc. Replaced batteries (though they were only a couple of months old), Nothing helps. Called support line, had to leave my name/number, never got a call back. Have tried calling repeatedly and never able to reach a human being. I would not waste my money on a Lacrosse Technology product again - it appears their support is non-existent.
Thank you for your inquiry. We apologize for any trouble you are having. We do not find a registered case for you in our system. Please confirm you are calling us at 888-211-1923. We know we can help, please follow up with us if you still assistance.
La Crosse Technology
"Not Quite There Yet"
This is the second LaCrosse weather station I own. The first one is still working very well - transmitting through a wall into the dining room.
This new unit is replacing an older Oregon indoor/outdoor unit that has stopped transmitting from the outside.
The unit ONLY works correctly when both units are within a direct line of site of each other. I placed it around the corner on the wall and the outside info stopped displaying. Wha? The claim of 260+ ft transmission is only good if both units are within sight of each other. That is not realistic so the claim is somewhat useless. We all live in houses where walls and stairwells, and other obstructions are the norm. Why this claim is made is pointless and does nothing by hurt your credibility. I had high hopes for this unit but at this point it is failing my need.
I have called and left a message and written to tech support hoping for a working solution.
If this unit worked as I had hoped I'd give is 5 stars because it's built well like the old unit but it works quite poorly in regard to being useful. Sorry.
- Hello Zenon, Thank you for contacting our support team on 9/26/2018. We apologize the device was not functioning properly and hope you are satisfied wit the tips for resolving your issues provided by our support team.
La Crosse Technology
"It only worked for a week"
I received the WS-9230U-IT as a Christmas gift this past year. The outdoor sensor stopped working after a week or two. I tried numerous times to re sync it following the directions each time to no avail.
The base unit temp is low by 3 degrees and the remote sensor is low by 2 degrees.
Not what I would call a quality product and it certainly reflects poorly on LA Crosse
- Hello John, Thank you for your review. We really appreciate your comments. Bring the outdoor sensor and weather station together inside and have the units 5-10 feet apart with nothing between them. Remove batteries from outdoor sensor and weather station. Press one of the buttons on the weather station at least 20 times to clear all memory. Verify that the weather station is blank before proceeding. Let the all units sit with batteries out for at least 10 minutes. SENSOR FIRST: Install fresh alkaline batteries in the outdoor sensor. Insert fresh batteries (or a/c cord) into the weather station, observing the correct polarity. Allow the outdoor sensor and weather station to remain 5 feet apart for 15 minutes to establish a strong connection. Do not press buttons at this time. You should see a reading on the outdoor temperature area in the first minute.
If this does not resolve the issue, please submit a support request using the Contact link at the top of the www.lacrossetechnology.com site. Click the Go button under the Already have our products section to fill out a support request and we will be happy to assist you.
La Crosse Technology