- Color forecast changes based on barometric pressure
- Forecast tendency indicator
- Outdoor temperature (°F/°C)
- Outdoor temperature trend indicator
- Outdoor humidity (%RH)
- Outdoor humidity trend indicator
- Signal strength icon for sensor transmission
- Low battery icon for sensor
- Min/Max indoor/outdoor temperature readings (°F/°C)
- Indoor temperature (°F/°C)
- Indoor temperature trend indicator
- Indoor humidity (%RH)
- Indoor humidity trend indicator
- Customizable indoor/outdoor temperature alerts
- 12/24 hour time (manual setting)
- Calendar: month/day/date
- Heat index and dew point readings
- USB charging port for mobile devices
- Indoor temperature range: 32°F to 122°F (0°C to 50°C)
- Indoor humidity range: 19-97% (%RH)
- USB charging port output: 1.0 A
Included TX141TH-BV2 Wireless Outdoor Temperature/Humidity Sensor
- Outdoor temperature range: -40°F to 140°F (-40°C to 60°C)
- Outdoor humidity range: 19-97% (%RH)
- Transmission range: Up to 300 feet
- Display: AC adapter for primary power (included); 2 "AA" Alkaline batteries for backup (not included)
- Sensor: 2 "AA" alkaline batteries (not included)
- Display: 5.90" L x 1.65"W x 4.84" H
- Sensor: 1.57" L x 0.79" W x 5.12" H
"Outside temp not registering"
My wife purchased this unit for me (model 308-1412) for our anniversary and its not functioning properly. I live in FL and the outside temp is displaying -58 degrees. I've followed the troubleshooting steps and every time that temperature is displayed. Other than that the unit works well.
- Hello Parker, Thank you for your review. We really appreciate your comments. Bring the outdoor sensor and station together inside and have the units 5-10 feet apart with nothing between them. Remove batteries from outdoor sensor and weather station. Press one of the buttons on the weather station at least 20 times to clear all memory. Verify that the weather station is blank before proceeding. Let the all units sit with batteries out for at least 10 minutes. SENSOR FIRST: Install fresh alkaline batteries in the outdoor sensor. Insert fresh batteries (or a/c cord) into the weather station, observing the correct polarity. Allow the outdoor sensor and weather station to remain 5 feet apart for 15 minutes to establish a strong connection. Do not press buttons at this time. You should see a reading on the outdoor temperature area in the first minute.
If this does not resolve the issue, please submit a support request using the Contact link at the top of the www.lacrossetechnology.com site. Click the Go button under the Already have our products section to fill out a support request and we will be happy to assist you.
La Crosse Technology
"Great..but can't read it!"
Howard J. Gordon
This is the second La Crosse product we have and although it has worked flawlessly since we purchased it several years ago for use in our RV, the backlit color display is very hard to read. Regardless of the setting (High) we have trouble reading the measurements. Just spoke with customer service, very helpful and professional, and we have it as bright as it gets :( Going to a non-backlit display will probably be a better route as the full weather station in our home is easy to read without the color display. Will purchase another La Crosse product for our RV as having the outside temp & humidity is great for knowing how to dress prior to leaving our home on wheels.
I've been using LaCrosse Technology products for several years now and love them. This forecasting station is pretty good, though the sensors are NOT weather sealed so you have to take care as to where you place it. I made the mistake of leaving the sensor on an outside table in the winter, and now the internal board is corroded. This is my bad, so ordering a new sensor with sensor protector cage to prevent such a mistake again. I just hope registering the new sensor transmitter with my station is easy peasy. Cheers, Brad.