Wind Sensor Placement/Mounting Instructions
Location of your wind sensor is important.
Note: Temporarily secure sensors in place for a few hours before permanently mounting them, to be sure they will read to your clock or weather station from that location.
- Choose an open area (50 feet all directions) for the most accurate wind speed
- The wind sensor should be the highest item in the area. Position the wind sensor at least 6 feet above the surface to which it is being mounted.
- Wind sensors with directional vanes should be positioned according to the N, S, E, W directions on the sensor near the vane.
- The preferred mast is made of wood or electrical grade PVC to avoid static.
- If your sensor has replaceable batteries, mount it in a location accessible for maintenance.
- For custom mounting use 1” Electric Metallic Tube (EMT) Conduit
Having trouble viewing this video? Click here to view this on YouTube.
Need More Help? Contact Us Here