Weather Station Features
Temperature and Humidity
- Indoor/Outdoor Temperature and Humidity
- Outdoor Trend Indicators
- Daily High/Low Outdoor Temperature Records
- Feels Like and Dew Point
- High and Low Records with Time Stamp
Dynamic Color Weather Forecast
- Seasonal Trees Change Every 3 Months
Wind Speed Data
- Current and Top Speed
- History Records with Time Stamp
Rain Fall Data
- Time Frame Selectable
- History Records
Time and Date
- 12/24 Hour Setting
- Displays Day of the Week, Month, Date & Year
- Perpetual Calendar: Date, Month, & Full Day
- Guided Settings Menu
- Low Battery Indicator for Each Included Sensor
- 5 Settings LCD Brightness
- Sensor Connection Indicator
- Wifi Connection Indicator
- Bonus Indoor Temperature Display
- Brushed Metal Finish
- Wall Hanging or Adjustable Kickstand for Free Standing Option
Your weather station can function as a standalone weather station OR you can download the free La Crosse View™ App for enhanced features.
Why go Connected?
- Anywhere Monitoring of Station and Sensor Information via the La Crosse View™ App
- View and Track History with Detailed Graphs
- Customize Alerts and Receive Push Notifications of Values Outside of Your Desired Range
- Share Your Weather Information
Enhanced Station Features When Connected*
- Weather Forecast; 8 additional icons representations
- Chance of Precipitation for the day
- Forecasted HI/LO for the day
- Prevailing Wind Direction
- Internet Time and Date
- View Data Stream (VDS) Technology
Build your system to monitor what matters to you with additional sensors for your La Crosse View™ App
The C84428 station can display data from one Temperature & Humidity (TH) sensor, one Wind Sensor and one Rain Sensor. Add-on sensor data will appear in the La Crosse View app. View Sensor compatibility.
Looking to Add-on and expand the capability of your system? Check out the enhancement opportunities here.
- Indoor temperature range: +32°F to +122°F (0°C to 50°C)
- Indoor humidity range: 10% RH to 99%RH
Included LTV-TH2 Wireless Outdoor Temp/Humidity Sensor
- Outdoor temperature range: -40°F to 140°F (-40°C to 60°C)
- Outdoor humidity range: 10% RH to 99%RH
- Transmission range: Up to 400 feet (121 meters) in open air
- Transmission frequency: 915 MHz
Included LTV-W1 Wind Sensor
- Wind Speed Range: 0-111 mph (0-178 kmh)
Included LTV-R2 Rain Sensor
- Rainfall Range: 0-393.6 inches ( 0-9999 mm)
- Display: 5.0 Volt 600mA power cord included (Required); Optional 3 "AA" Alkaline batteries backup
- LTV-TH2 Sensor: 2 "AA" Alkaline batteries
- LTV-W1 Sensor: 2 "C" Alkaline batteries
- LTV-R2 Sensor: 2 "AA" Alkaline batteries
- Display: 8.98" L x 1.00" W x 5.43" H
- LTV-TH2: 1.97" L x 0.75" W x 5.73" H
- LTV-R2: 7.14" L x 3.43" W x 4.94" H
- LTV-W1: 7.10" L x 7.10" W x 18.57" H (with mounting bracket/pole)
- For custom mounting of LTV-W1 Sensor use 1” Electric Metallic Tube (EMT) Conduit
0:14 - Step 1: Insert batteries into sensors
0:42 - Step 2: Power up your station using the power cord
1:10 - Step 3: Make sure your station is receiving your sensor's data
1:33 - Step 4: Make sure your Wi-Fi Indicator Icon is flashing
2:13 - Step 5: Connect your mobile device to your 2.4GHz home network, the one you'd like your station to use
3:05 - Step 6: Download the La Crosse View app
3:24 - Step 7: Log in or create a new account
4:07 - Step 8: Follow the app's on-screen instructions
For help using the La Crosse View™ App or connecting your C84428 weather station to the La Crosse View™ platform, click on the appropriate link below.
"Everything good at first now rain sensor in strange units"
This system worked well until the next rainy season. After replacing the batteries on the rain sensor it now appears to report rain data to the display in mm x 10. Even though the display is i units of inches. Each rock of the sensor used to indicate 0.01 inches but now it reads as 2.57 inches with each rock. I tried all permutations of hard and soft reset and deleting and adding back the sensors. The rain readings will not appear on the App. I suspect because of the weird units. Lacrosse please help! Is there a firmware update you can push to me?
- Hello Jeff, Thank you for your review. We really appreciate your comments. It sounds like the units have been changed from inches to millimeters. You may use the SET button to change the units back to inches.. Press and hold the SET button for 3 seconds to enter the programming menu. PLUS(+)/MINUS(-) to change values and press and release the SET button 1 time to advance to the next setting. Press the LIGHT button to exit the menu. If you are still having an issue with your weather station we will be happy to assist. Please contact our support team.
La Crosse Technology
I have had this product for less than a year but find it to be challenging due to its many many faults.
Wifi drops out constantly. The only device in the house that does this.
Time will not update. Should only sell this in Arizona.
Rain gauge quit, too.
Very poor product and very frustrating.
- Thank you for your comments. We apologize you are having troubles. La Crosse Technology, Ltd. provides, to the original purchaser, a 1-year limited time warranty (from date of purchase) on this product, relating to manufacturing defects in materials & workmanship. The item will be either repaired or replaced at La Crosse Technology's discretion. Please contact our support team for assistance.
La Crosse Technology
"Trash product "
This company seems to have expanded more quickly than their IT department could support. As mentioned in NUMEROUS reviews on here, this product suffers from significant connectivity issues. It is also poorly designed; each time change is a crisis for this system. You can set the time yourself, but this system will inevitably revert to an incorrect time within seconds. A small example of significant problems inherent to a LaCrosse product.
- We are sorry to hear you were having difficulties with your weather station. Try completely powering down the display by removing the batteries and power cord followed by pressing any button on the display 20 times before reinstalling the batteries and power cord. Does the Wi-Fi icon go solid? If so, Wait 5 minutes for the time to update. If you are still having an issue configuring your clock we will be happy to assist. Please contact our support team.
La Crosse Technology