Weather Station Features
Temperature and Humidity
- Indoor/Outdoor Temperature and Humidity
- Outdoor Trend Indicators
- Daily High/Low Outdoor Temperature Records
- Feels Like and Dew Point
- High and Low Records with Time Stamp
Dynamic Color Weather Forecast
- Seasonal Trees Change Every 3 Months
Wind Speed Data
- Current and Top Speed
- History Records with Time Stamp
Rain Fall Data
- Time Frame Selectable
- History Records
Time and Date
- 12/24 Hour Setting
- Displays Day of the Week, Month, Date & Year
- Perpetual Calendar: Date, Month, & Full Day
- Guided Settings Menu
- Low Battery Indicator for Each Included Sensor
- 5 Settings LCD Brightness
- Sensor Connection Indicator
- Wifi Connection Indicator
- Bonus Indoor Temperature Display
- Brushed Metal Finish
- Wall Hanging or Adjustable Kickstand for Free Standing Option
Your weather station can function as a standalone weather station OR you can download the free La Crosse View™ App for enhanced features.
Why go Connected?
- Anywhere Monitoring of Station and Sensor Information via the La Crosse View™ App
- View and Track History with Detailed Graphs
- Customize Alerts and Receive Push Notifications of Values Outside of Your Desired Range
- Share Your Weather Information
Enhanced Station Features When Connected*
- National Weather Service (NWS) Weather Forecast; 8 additional icons representations
- Chance of Precipitation for the day
- NWS Forecasted HI/LO for the day
- NWS Prevailing Wind Direction
- National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Time and Date
- View Data Stream (VDS) Technology
Build your system to monitor what matters to you with additional sensors for your La Crosse View™ App
The C84428 station can display data from one Temperature & Humidity (TH) sensor, one Wind Sensor and one Rain Sensor. Add-on sensor data will appear in the La Crosse View app.
Looking to Add-on and expand the capability of your system? Check out the enhancement opportunities here.
- Indoor temperature range: +32°F to +122°F (0°C to 50°C)
- Indoor humidity range: 10% RH to 99%RH
Included LTV-TH2 Wireless Outdoor Temp/Humidity Sensor
- Outdoor temperature range: -40°F to 140°F (-40°C to 60°C)
- Outdoor humidity range: 10% RH to 99%RH
- Transmission range: Up to 400 feet (121 meters) in open air
- Transmission frequency: 915 MHz
Included LTV-W1 Wind Sensor
- Wind Speed Range: 0-111 mph (0-178 kmh)
Included LTV-R2 Rain Sensor
- Rainfall Range: 0-393.6 inches ( 0-9999 mm)
- Display: 5.0 Volt 600mA power cord included (Required); Optional 3 "AA" Alkaline batteries backup
- LTV-TH2 Sensor: 2 "AA" Alkaline batteries
- LTV-W1 Sensor: 2 "C" Alkaline batteries
- LTV-R2 Sensor: 2 "AA" Alkaline batteries
- Display: 8.98" L x 1.00" W x 5.43" H
- LTV-TH2: 1.97" L x 0.75" W x 5.73" H
- LTV-R2: 7.14" L x 3.43" W x 4.94" H
- LTV-W1: 7.10" L x 7.10" W x 18.57" H (with mounting bracket/pole)
- For custom mounting of LTV-W1 Sensor use 1” Electric Metallic Tube (EMT) Conduit
0:14 - Step 1: Insert batteries into sensors
0:42 - Step 2: Power up your station using the power cord
1:10 - Step 3: Make sure your station is receiving your sensor's data
1:33 - Step 4: Make sure your Wi-Fi Indicator Icon is flashing
2:13 - Step 5: Connect your mobile device to your 2.4GHz home network, the one you'd like your station to use
3:05 - Step 6: Download the La Crosse View app
3:24 - Step 7: Log in or create a new account
4:07 - Step 8: Follow the app's on-screen instructions
For help using the La Crosse View™ App or connecting your C84428 weather station to the La Crosse View™ platform, click on the appropriate link below.
"wifi stinks and it can't keep time..."
SUPER disappointed. Constantly drops wifi (I have fantastic wifi). Can't keep time. Crazy. Resets itself to an hour early no matter what i do. Such a great idea for a product, if only it would tell time and STAY on wifi. Really sucks.
- Thank you for contacting our support team on 10/6/2018. We apologize the device was not functioning properly and hope you are enjoying the warranty replacement that was sent to you.
La Crosse Technology
You get what you pay for. The WIFI has been problematic from the beginning. It is either a packet problem with the unit or just a poor design. For a stand alone unit its fine but the WIFI is unreliable at best. I should have had it repaired during the warranty period but I don't believe it would have made a difference.
Without WIFI it will not give wind direction or forecast.
In order to get the wifi to work a complete reset is needed and this happens every week.
Frustrating to say the least
- Hello, Thank you for your review. We really appreciate your comments. You have a 12 month warranty on your product from date of purchase. If you are still having issues with your Wi-Fi please contact our support team for assistance.
La Crosse Technology
"No Dew Point or Wind Direction"
No Dew Point or Wind Direction.. Was very excited to take down the old unit and put up this new one for my wife's birthday.
She is very disappointed.
Really? This is a weather instrument.. wind speed but not direction? Humidity but not dewpoint? Can you imagine having a radio without a volume control or a car without reverse?
- Hello, Thank you for your review. We really appreciate your comments. Wind direction is available from the national weather service and will be displayed if you connect your weather station to the internet.
If you need assistance connecting your weather station to your home Wi-Fi, please contact us for support.
La Crosse Technology